Friday, May 28, 2010

Crab Cakes Made With Angel Hair Pasta


So I was looking at a recipe for Salmon Patties at The Tiny Skillet, and I remembered this recipe for crab cakes.

Ingredients:
  • 6-8 oz canned lump crab meat
  • 1-2 tbsp parsley, chopped
  • 1 egg
  • 1 heaping tablespoon of mayo
  • 1/4 lb cooked angel hair pasta
  • salt and pepper
  • a dash of hot sauce
  • oil for frying
  • fresh lime juice to taste
  • Cocktail sauce for dipping
Boil your pasta. Angel hair pasta cooks very quickly so don't walk away. Drain and let cool.  Open your can of crabmeat and drain. Pour your crabmeat in a bowl and add your chopped parsley. Add your pasta and mix together. Add your egg and stir. Add your mayonnaise. Your pasta should not be long, so you can cut it up before you incorporate it into the bowl, or if you forget, as I did, cut it up already mixed in.

Heat oil in a heavy skillet. Separate a tablespoonful of your mixture and form into a small ball. Drop into the heated oil. Repeat this process browning your fritters on all slides with a slotted spoon. Makes 12.


Well, I guess my mind has been a little frazzled lately since I omitted sauteed onions which I had intended to add, but no one complained. I kept my mouth shut.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! This is a fantastic recipe for crab cakes! My daughter wanted to make crab cakes and I told her sure, find a recipe and we can make it. I have to show her this one. We are by ourselves this weekend, perfect time to try it!

    Thanks for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I barely got to taste them since I had company last night. Adjust to your taste, you can add onions, garlic, etc. along with whatever dipping sauce you prefer.
    You're welcome on the mention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delicious! Two of my favorite non-Cuban foods together: crab cakes and pasta! Now I can die happy with a full belly and go to epicurean heaven... On second thoughts, I'll stay around for a while... Who knows who the Chef is up there....? Kisses.

    ReplyDelete