Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Spaghetti Carbonara


My daughter really likes this, but can't remember how to do it on her own, so I'm posting it here for her.  I don't really follow a recipe when making this; I adapt it to what my family likes (a lot of bacon), what I like (a lot of garlic) and what they can eat (we sprinkle the paremesan on the individual plates).

I made this with about
3/4 lb of spaghetti
6-7 slices of bacon, cut up into little pieces
3 large cloves of garlic, pressed
1/4 cup red wine
1 egg, beaten
olive oil
salt to taste

Get your water boiling for the pasta while you fry your bacon pieces 'til crisp. Transfer them onto a paper-towel lined plate. Reserve 1 tbsp of the bacon fat. Press your garlic and sautee it in the bacon fat (don't let it burn). Let the garlic cool in a bowl, add the egg, red wine and a good drizzle of olive oil.
Boil your pasta, strain it and put it back in the pot, add the contents of your bowl. Stir. The heat of the pasta will cook the egg. Add the bacon bits. Serve. Sprinkle with grated Paremesan Cheese.

1 comment:

  1. You do sound a lot like me. I usually adapt recipes for what my family will eat. Isn't that why we like to cook? I haven't tried this one yet! I'm sure I will now!

    ReplyDelete