Sunday, June 13, 2010

Deviled Eggs made with Deviled Ham


My mother always made devlied eggs with deviled ham. I assumed as a child that that was the way it was supposed to be; after all, it made sense. They are called deviled eggs because of the deviled ham. I didn't realize until I was in my thirties that my assumption was incorrect.

One dozen hardboiled eggs
4.25 oz can Underwood Deviled Ham
2 heaping tablespoons of mayonnaise
salt and pepper to taste

Peel you hardboiled eggs and get lengthwise removing the yolk. With a fork press the yolk to crumble, add the deviled ham and mayonnaise; mix together. Fill your egg whites with spoonfuls of the mixture. If you want to get fancy, you can use a pastry bag.

8 comments:

  1. These look so good! I LOVE deviled eggs. In my family my deviled eggs always get requested for family gatherings. I'm quite good at it and I have my own special sort of secret recipe. I use ziplocks bags for the filling-just cut off the corner tip. I dust them with some paprika and sometimes top them off with a pimento filled manzanilla olive. YUM! I should totally try it with the deviled ham!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear from you Sharline. The best thing about deviled eggs is that no one objects to them (only the vegetarians object to mine) and the kids eat them up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL....I just had the same experience. I took deviled eggs to my daughter's college end of the season swim party. Other parents were asking me what the mystery ingredient was. I had no idea what they were talking about. I told them how I made my deviled eggs. No one had every heard of making deviled eggs with deviled ham. I was so embarrassed, but this was the recipe I grew up. Thank you, the next time I take deviled eggs to a party I will serve them knowing my grandma handed down an excellent recipe for deviled eggs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess it's a Cuban thing Anonymous. Turns out you have to let everyone know because some people don't eat ham or are vegetarian, and they assume the eggs are made without it. Then they get upset, spit it out... it gets ugly! LOL I've had that happen at parties with Americans. Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! Love these. Got this recipe years ago from this webpage! My family always requests them..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to hear it. It gives me pleasure to know my recipes are enjoyed by others. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  6. Love these!! My family always wants them too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE LOVE LOVE these! Always impresses family, best recipe ever!

    ReplyDelete