Friday, July 8, 2011

What's for Lunch? Chicken and Swiss Sandwich

I've been soooooo lazy in the kitchen lately, but yesterday I defrosted some chicken breast, pound them thin with a meat mallet and marinated them in a mojo that I prepared with crushed garlic, salt, fresh oregano, fresh rosemary, a splash of dry white wine, a splash of lime juice and a splash of orange juice along with a sprinkling of paprika.  Now, you would think that I would have written all the measurements down and taken pictures... did I mention I've been lazy? Anyway, last night I cooked my chicken breast, but I had two leftover sitting in their marinade so I decided to make sandwiches for lunch.

The sandwich was easy to assemble, leftover hamburger buns from the 4th of July, a slice of swiss cheesse which I always have handy, some lettuce, and I chopped up some onion and tomato and mixed it up with some Ranch dressing to which I added a dash of garlic powder..... I improvised.



 


3 comments:

  1. It sure looks tasty! I know what you mean, being in the middle of those lazy crazy hazy day of summer! :D I love mojo marinade too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyndsey, I've been so lazy I almost didn't respond! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Looks good! According to many experienced chefs, pick out the dry white wine that you love to drink and use it for your cooking adventures.

    ReplyDelete