Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Gray Days




Yes, it's true.  I've been ignoring the blog.  My ennui has caught up with me.  I'm sure it's the weather: gray days and freezing temperatures with no change of scenery can definitely dull the imagination.  The image outside my window resembles a black and white photograph for most color is lacking, as is my desire to enter the kitchen.  But all hope is not lost.  The bird are chirping occasionally and there is a promise of a visit from family in the near future.  I realize I sound as if I lived miles from civilization which is not the case, at least not physically, but most definitely psychologically.

This week I have been improvising in the kitchen:  buying a roast chicken from the market, mashing potatoes, opening a can of green beans;  a simple soup and grilled cheese sandwich;  grabbing a container of frozen black beans from the freezer adding it to white rice; or just ordering a pizza. Not much to blog about is it?

So, I leave you with the promise that I will be back soon, and hopefully with a picture of something delicious!

5 comments:

  1. Chica u cannot lose your MOJO ok lol. I enjoy ur stuff very much share some of those Cuban recipes :D I know u got some more good ones up ur sleeve. Wat aboout ur journey for the best Empanada dough mhm! lol.
    *hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Ivonne, we are anxiously waiting for some inspiration dishes!
    As a matter of fact, I'm trying to think of something to cook with ground beef that's NOT picadillo, shepherds pie, or meatloaf! Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nathan, my mojo is taking a break! LOL

    Maria, I can only think black and white and simple... Hamburgers! or stroganoff, meatballs, stuffed cabbage, empanadas, salpicon, chili???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mojo can only take a vacation when you have in your hand UN MOJITO! Make some croquetas de yuca, fry some chicharrones or masitas de puerco and that good old mojito will have you warm and back in business (blogging) in no time! It's gorgeous here right now! XOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  5. everyone needs a break, but I do miss your posts! stay warm and continue experimenting so you can come back and share with us.

    ReplyDelete