Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Diet Update

Well, I  had cousins from Miami visiting last week, so my diet went out the window. I'm at 168 lbs. I had gone down to 164. It's a shame that foods that taste so good are so bad. I indulged in brownies, lemon pie, apple pie, mashed potatoes with butter, chorizo, ham, and countless other sinful delights.

Unfortunately, July is a bad month for dieting in my household, between the holiday and three birthdays in my immediate family, resisting temptation will be difficult. I am putting on my thinking cap, and hopefully I will be able to post interesting diet foods in the days ahead.  See you soon.

6 comments:

  1. It's ok. Life has its ups and downs, right?! Thats at least what I'm telling myself!!! I started a sort of diet myself and I went down 3 lbs! But then I just fell off the wagon for a few days (maybe even a week?) and now I'm afraid to get on that scale. But its never too late to change eating habits. I've also enjoyed your last couple of posts even though I haven't left any comments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sweetie. I've learned that there is an adjustment period from the moment you realize you have to do something and the time you actually get around to it. Some people take action immediately; others have to think about it and go slowly (change is difficult); still others think about it and never follow through. I'm somewhere between the immediate and the ....uhhh I have to think about it... phase. Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Food is so much a part of our family and memories of good times with them. Holidays and birthdays, sometimes you just have to give in. Being home for the summer is easier than I thought it would be to not over eat. I just try to focus on what I'll be making and try a taste. My actions are slow to get going too. Doesn't mean we are going to fail!

    BTW I know this isn't any help, but I had to pick up a can of the grated coconut in the sweet syrup that you used. I'll be trying some of your recipes for that! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the encouragement Lyndsey. I'll be staying away from the coconut in syrup, but I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry, be happy. As long as your pants fit, you're ok.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, yes my "fat" pants still fit.

    ReplyDelete